Monday, July 2, 2007

Bad Start

Well, today is my first day of vacation and it did not go as planned. It all started this morning when I went out into the garage to get something out of the car and as I stepped down to move toward the light switch, I forgot that a huge plastic tub had been placed between me and the light switch 3 feet away. Therefore, I hit the tub, fell over the tub landing on my wrist/thumb and hip, hitting my face against the side of the tub and my leg scraping all the way down the tub onto the floor where I finished just to the side of the car. Now I have a nice goose egg on my shin, a bruise right below my left jaw and a bruised and possibly broken left thumb. I called the dr. to get in today but he had no openings until tomorrow morning, so he said I could come then or go to the ER. Well, I know if I go to the ER it will cost the arm and leg that I hurt plus sitting there for who knows how long, so I am just toughening it out for the day. I can move my thumb, it just hurts when I do and if pressure is applied. I have broken my right hand before not knowing since I could move it, so I don't want to just let it be incase it is broken. So... that is how the day started.

Then, as Luke and I were traveling down the interstate, a huge dump truck hawling rocks decided to throw one of its rocks at us and busted our windshield. So now we have a guy coming out tomorrow to give us a new windshield.

Now doesn't that sound like a great relaxing vacation!! Well, I'm off to start some supper or I may just call and order in food to finish off this stressful day!!! Until next time....

2 comments:

Jana Kay said...

Wow...sounds like you are way too much fun over there!

Candice said...

Amy, I would say stay home, bolt the doors, and remove all furniture or anything in the house that can hurt you:). We will see you guys soon! Take care.
Candice