Monday, September 15, 2008

Awkward Moment

So have you ever been in a situation and when someone comes up on the scene you are praying so hard that it's not who you think it is?! Well, here's a great story for ya! We were on our way up to Vail and Luke said he had to go to the bathroom bad, so we pull off on an exit that shows a gas station, but when we get off, there is not a sign to show which way to turn for the gas station. By the way, if you have ever driven through the mountains you know that the gas stations are few and far between. So we look in both directions, see nothing at all and have to take a wild guess which way. So we go right and drive...and drive....and drive...and nothing but houses. So I get on my new handy dandy phone and go to the GPS system and search for gas stations. Not handy at all, so we turn around and start going back toward the interstate. Luke couldn't last that long, so we drove down what looked like a deserted road which had a couple houses on it, but shortly came to a dead end. So we turned around, and as soon as we did, we noticed this at one of the houses...

As you can see, the car is stopped right in front of the driveway so Luke jumped out and took off to use the port-a-potty. As soon as I take this picture, I look up and see a car coming down the road. Yeah, you guessed it...the homeowner. I see him put his blinker on and stop right in front of our car and roll the window down. So I jump into the driver seat to move the car forward and roll my window down. And I pray this will be the only time that I start a conversation with a stranger with, "I'm sorry sir, my husband is using your port-a-potty. We're from Oklahoma and are lost." :) Thankfully he just laughs at me and asks if I wanted directions. Well, I think that's a little too late sir!! What a humbling experience!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

HAHAHA! That is great! I figured he would have just whipped it out on the side of the road! Better in some elses can for sure!

Jana Kay said...

Only you and your hubby! Lol! I love it! Be safe and I hope you guys are having an awesome time! :)