Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Moms and prayers

Look at me!!! 2nd time in a month!! Watch out! Well, we had a good mother's day this year. We went to Yukon for the weekend to spend it with my mom and family. It was nice having my entire family at church!! Doesn't happen often even though we all live 30 min. away from each other!! Since I'm the only non-mom, I guess they decided that I had to plan things to do. Uh....no! So I put it right back on them and made them choose where we were going to eat. All in all it was a good day! I hope all you out there had a great Mother's Day since I think everyone out there is now a mom or mom-to-be!
Now on to some recent stuff this week and side note prayer request. This past Friday, Luke started to notice that the tip of his tongue started to go numb. Not a big deal to mention anything to me. Well, as the day went on, he realized that the lower right part of his lip started to go numb as well, which he then mentioned to me. The next day, the right bottom jaw was numb he noticed when he was brushing his teeth. So on Sunday I mentioned it to one of my friends who is a dentist in Yukon about it and he said it might be a wisdom tooth hitting a nerve, but he needs to go have it checked out. So Monday morning he goes to our dentist and talks to him about it, but refers him to see an oral surgeon, but they can't get him in until next Monday. We thought that would probably be fine, until during the morning on Monday, he noticed that now half of his tongue started going numb. Oh boy! So I got on the phone, made some phone calls...get R done! He ended up going to see another oral surgeon yesterday morning. They ran x-rays and did other things that tooth dr.'s do and couldn't find a cause for the numbness...everything looked fine mouth wise. So, they sent him to our PCP who did 5 different blood tests on him, other "brain tests", and are sending him to go have a MRI/CT Scan done. Our PCP doesn't think it is anything really huge, but at the same time doesn't want to rule anything out without tests being done. So...now comes your part with us!! Please pray for Luke and ask God that we can find a cause for this and that there is a cure, hopefully minimal!! Thank you in advance and I will keep you posted on what we find out! Love to all, until next time...

2 comments:

Candice said...

We will keep him in our prayers!!! He didn't have any dental work done, did he? I had a problem where my tongue went numb/lost taste for a week from lidocaine from getting a filling done! It's scary!!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Uh, you might ask them about Bell's Palsy. I've had that and it started out with my mouth and eye being numb. I noticed that when I washed my face soap got in my eye and I soon couldn't form a complete smile. The tip of my tongue actually went numb the day before. I thought it was something I ate. Just ask the doctors about that. If it is, they need to be giving him steroid shots and having him do excercises with his face in order to work the muscles. Thank God, I had a full recovery!!!

JB